Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 16th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Default Adding forms at runtime

I am working as a developer in a firm mainly dealing in ERP solutions.

My team is facing problem of adding forms at runtime. I think i need to elaborate on this.

We have different modules in our ERP like Hr,Payroll,Finance(Accounts),Fixed Assets,Shipping,Marketing(Sales),Inventory etc....
Some modules are interrelated. Our our global variables were set by checking modules at startup which in maintained by flags in a database. If we need to give selected modules to client, we enable the flag for that module. Now problem arrises when we give such modules that one of them is dependent on that module. So it will give us error at compile time. If we want to bypass the forms that are available in vbp but not required in that module....is this possible?

Currently we creted a module that checks for particular flag and if it iss tru then only it will initialize that forms e.g
#const a=0

#if a then
    dim f as frmEnquiry
#end if

Is their any good solution
Is it possible to maintain a class that initializes modules using user dfined datatypes?

Please Help

Old April 17th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Friend of Wrox

what do you mean with "modules"? Are they standard VB .bas file or classes?

If I understand correctly, you have several "modules" (whatever they are) that they are shared between applications, and some modules have a reference to modules (or forms?) that are not used in some of the applications and therefore missing in the vb project. Am I correct or am I off base?

"There are two ways to write error-free programs. Only the third one works."
Unknown