Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default Run-time Error 713

Hi everybody,
I am running my VB application with Access2000 back-end and getting the ran-time error;
Run time error '713'. Class not registered.
Looking for object with CLSID:{59245250-7A2F-11D0-9482-00A0C91110ED}.
What class library is missing?

Do you have any ideas about the reason of this error?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

-Dmitriy

Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:51 PM
Friend of Wrox

You are missing MSBIND.DLL which should be installed to your Windows\System32 folder.

You should always create an install set with your application, the Application Setup Wizard which comes with VB6 will analyse your project and create an install set with all the necessary components automatically.

Regards
Owain Williams

Old January 22nd, 2004, 01:55 PM
Friend of Wrox

Thanks Owain,
I do have this DLL on my system, but by some reason it was unregistered. After I registered this DLL again everything start working OK again. I do not know, but probably my new VS.NET installation did this to my PC.

--Thanks,
        Dmitriy :D

Old September 17th, 2004, 04:28 PM

I,too am having a problem with this error message. I have all the DLLs but am still getting the message. What I want to do is put the program and all it's files onto a CD so that the user can just stick it in their computer and run it without having to do a setup. Do some of these DLL files HAVE to be loaded on their systems before they can run the program??

Old September 18th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Friend of Wrox

The runtime error says in its message 'Class not registered' this means that, err, the class was not registered. To register it either run the DllRegisterServer (RegSvr32) or add the class (DLL) to a setup program like the Application Setup Wizard or Wize Installer for example.

Yes, some of the DLL's DO have to be registered. Your users will have to run a setup program and install your application on their system, there is no other way around it, unless of course you want to re-write your application in Assembly language or C.

Regards
Owain Williams

Old September 21st, 2004, 08:16 AM

I was afraid of that.

Thanks,
scootermouse

Old September 21st, 2004, 08:18 AM

Actually, the error message I'm getting does not have anything to do with "unregistered class" is says "application-defined or object-defined error".

scootermouse

Old September 21st, 2004, 08:27 AM
Friend of Wrox

I am afraid the 2 errors mean the same thing with regards to your problem. The application or object defined error is that the class (DLL or ActiveX) is not registered.

VB (even VB.NET) does not compile to machine code, it compiles to pseudo code, this pseudo code is then interpreted by the Visual Basic Runtime Library and converted to machine code at runtime. Therefore, at the very least you need to have the VB Runtime files installed on the target machine, as well as any other Microsoft or 3rd party controls.

Like I said, if you don’t like this way of working then you will have to look at building your projects in a different programming language (perhaps VB.NET, in this the user only needs the .NET Framework installed, all other DLL’s, as long as they are .NET DLL’s can just be placed in the applications directory and do not need to be registered).

Regards
Owain Williams

Old December 26th, 2005, 05:06 AM

Hi Dmitriy !
I have a problem with VB6. That is message:"Run-time error 713: class not registered" (I used Install2Go to package my program).
Help me please .

Old March 20th, 2006, 12:36 PM

i too faced the same problem ,

download MSSTDFMT.DLL from

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dl...shtml?msstdfmt

then copy it to c:\windows\system32

go to RUN

run->regsvr32 MSSTDFMT.DLL

it worked for me, so it should work for u guys too.