Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 2005 > Pro Visual Basic 2005
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro Visual Basic 2005 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 2005. Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro Visual Basic 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 25th, 2006, 09:25 AM

Send a message via MSN to VoodooCreator
Default Property initialization problem

I'm trying to make a control with two properties related to each other. The size, and the rounded-corner radius. Obviously, you can't choose a corner radius greater than min(width, height).. and you can't choose a width or height less than corner-radius.

The problem is that the designer initializes the properties in their alphabetical order (meaning that CornerRadius is set BEFORE Size).. so if its value is invalid before setting the new size, an exception will be thrown.
I want to make the designer set the Size before the CornerRadius.. Can I do this?

Old June 29th, 2006, 07:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to VoodooCreator

Ok, I fixed the problem by making the CornerRadius property independent from the Size.. But I still don't know if changing the order of property initialization is possible.

Anyway, I wanna ask if it's allowed to have a Work-in-progress section.. where we can post small projects we're currently working on, and discuss them as we develop them.