Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2000 > SQL Server 2000
|
SQL Server 2000 General discussion of Microsoft SQL Server -- for topics that don't fit in one of the more specific SQL Server forums. version 2000 only. There's a new forum for SQL Server 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2000 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old October 26th, 2005, 07:19 AM

Default insert rows into the same table

Hello everybody,

I'm using sql server 2000 and i want

when insert a row into table1 automatically create the same row into the same table (with some values changed by me).

when delete a row into table1 automatically delete the other row-s into the same table

when update a row then update the other rows ...

i dont know how to implement such a thing and i don't know if it is possible without deadlocks etc.

Any comments will be great......

Thanks in advance

Nick

Old October 26th, 2005, 07:28 AM
Authorized User

use triggers, look it up in Books On Line

“I sense many useless updates in you... Useless updates lead to fragmentation... Fragmentation leads to downtime...Downtime leads to suffering..Fragmentation is the path to the darkside.. DBCC INDEXDEFRAG and DBCC DBREINDEX are the force...May the force be with you" -- http://sqlservercode.blogspot.com/