Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server 2005
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
SQL Server 2005 General discussion of SQL Server *2005* version only.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old February 8th, 2006, 01:09 AM

Default Access DB2 on AS/400 using IBM OLE DB Provider

I'm trying to get data from an iSeries into SQL Server 2005 using SSIS.
My Data Flow is simply an input and an output. I've read through all the available info on the web and nothing has solved my problem, though I've tried all the suggestions.
I'm using the 'IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider' that (I think) came with SQL Server 2005/Visual Studio 2005 and would like to continue using it (once it works that is :) as that's what works perfectly with our iSeries->SQL Server 2000 via DTS.
In the OLE DB Source Editor I am able to preview the data (200 rows) with a SQL command.
On execution, the error happens immediately, sticking on the input component. I've tried different kinds of outputs and get the same result so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem.
I've gone through several SSIS tutorials and looked at this in some detail but still at a total loss as to what the problem is.
Have no problems reading from flat files, Excel files or SQL Server.
Please help!

Full output is as follows:

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" starting.
Information: 0x4004300A at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.
Information: 0x4004300A at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.
Information: 0x40043006 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Prepare for Execute phase is beginning.
Information: 0x40043007 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Pre-Execute phase is beginning.
Information: 0x4004300C at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Execute phase is beginning.
Error: 0xC0202009 at OLE DB, OLE DB Source [2094]: An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E00.
Error: 0xC0047038 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (2094) returned error code 0xC0202009. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.
Error: 0xC0047021 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038.
Error: 0xC0047039 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.
Error: 0xC0047021 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.
Information: 0x40043008 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Post Execute phase is beginning.
Information: 0x40043009 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Cleanup phase is beginning.
Information: 0x4004300B at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: "component "OLE DB Destination" (3230)" wrote 0 rows.
Task failed: OLE DB
Warning: 0x80019002 at Package: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (5) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
SSIS package "Package.dtsx" finished: Failure.

Hope someone can help :)
Old February 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM

I am also getting this error. The data previews fine, but when run as part of a package, it bombs out!

The connection string is:
Data Source=<sysname>;User ID=<username>;Initial Catalog=*SYSBAS;Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Per sist Security Info=True;SSL=False;Force Translate=0;Convert Date Time To Char=False;Cursor Sensitivity=0;

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? If so, advice would be great.

In the mean time I'll keep tapping away at the keyboard.....
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:40 PM

My problem was solved by
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...50370&SiteID=1

Hope this helps you