Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server 2005
|
SQL Server 2005 General discussion of SQL Server *2005* version only.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
 
Old February 8th, 2006, 01:09 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Access DB2 on AS/400 using IBM OLE DB Provider

I'm trying to get data from an iSeries into SQL Server 2005 using SSIS.
My Data Flow is simply an input and an output. I've read through all the available info on the web and nothing has solved my problem, though I've tried all the suggestions.
I'm using the 'IBM DB2 UDB for iSeries IBMDA400 OLE DB Provider' that (I think) came with SQL Server 2005/Visual Studio 2005 and would like to continue using it (once it works that is :) as that's what works perfectly with our iSeries->SQL Server 2000 via DTS.
In the OLE DB Source Editor I am able to preview the data (200 rows) with a SQL command.
On execution, the error happens immediately, sticking on the input component. I've tried different kinds of outputs and get the same result so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem.
I've gone through several SSIS tutorials and looked at this in some detail but still at a total loss as to what the problem is.
Have no problems reading from flat files, Excel files or SQL Server.
Please help!

Full output is as follows:

SSIS package "Package.dtsx" starting.
Information: 0x4004300A at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.
Information: 0x4004300A at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Validation phase is beginning.
Information: 0x40043006 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Prepare for Execute phase is beginning.
Information: 0x40043007 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Pre-Execute phase is beginning.
Information: 0x4004300C at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Execute phase is beginning.
Error: 0xC0202009 at OLE DB, OLE DB Source [2094]: An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E00.
Error: 0xC0047038 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: The PrimeOutput method on component "OLE DB Source" (2094) returned error code 0xC0202009. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.
Error: 0xC0047021 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Thread "SourceThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047038.
Error: 0xC0047039 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Thread "WorkThread0" received a shutdown signal and is terminating. The user requested a shutdown, or an error in another thread is causing the pipeline to shutdown.
Error: 0xC0047021 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Thread "WorkThread0" has exited with error code 0xC0047039.
Information: 0x40043008 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Post Execute phase is beginning.
Information: 0x40043009 at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: Cleanup phase is beginning.
Information: 0x4004300B at OLE DB, DTS.Pipeline: "component "OLE DB Destination" (3230)" wrote 0 rows.
Task failed: OLE DB
Warning: 0x80019002 at Package: The Execution method succeeded, but the number of errors raised (5) reached the maximum allowed (1); resulting in failure. This occurs when the number of errors reaches the number specified in MaximumErrorCount. Change the MaximumErrorCount or fix the errors.
SSIS package "Package.dtsx" finished: Failure.

Hope someone can help :)
 
Old February 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I am also getting this error. The data previews fine, but when run as part of a package, it bombs out!

The connection string is:
Data Source=<sysname>;User ID=<username>;Initial Catalog=*SYSBAS;Provider=IBMDA400.DataSource.1;Per sist Security Info=True;SSL=False;Force Translate=0;Convert Date Time To Char=False;Cursor Sensitivity=0;

Has anyone else had this problem and solved it? If so, advice would be great.

In the mean time I'll keep tapping away at the keyboard.....
 
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My problem was solved by
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...50370&SiteID=1

Hope this helps you





Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers phantom3008 Classic ASP Basics 6 March 15th, 2007 09:39 AM
how to developed ole db provider anjicafe Visual C++ 0 June 15th, 2005 09:02 PM
MS OLE DB Provider for ODBC -not working 4 me humour General .NET 6 August 3rd, 2004 03:19 AM
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers surendran Classic ASP Databases 4 October 27th, 2003 10:23 AM
OLE DB Provider for Internet Publishing error Gennady Classic ASP Components 2 July 15th, 2003 10:05 AM





Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2020 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.