Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server 2005
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
SQL Server 2005 General discussion of SQL Server *2005* version only.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 16th, 2007, 10:42 AM

Default Urgent: help required in setting up Replication

Hello,

I need help with setting up linked server for my subscriber, to connect to the publisher while seting up Transaction replication with updateable model.

When i try to create new subscription, it asks me for a linked server to be configured for establishing connection with the publisher.
now my Publisher sql server and Agent run with service account A
My subscriber sql server and Agent run with service account B
On m publisher Account B is a part of the sysadmin fixed server role and is the administrator of the box
On m Subscriber Account a is a part of the sysadmin fixed server role and is the administrator of the box

Now if i give the account details in the linked server page while setting up the subsription it gives a warning.

When i create a linked server and then give that linked server as a reference it again gives a wraning

In either case it says linked server cannot be setup and i need to use the sp_link_publication system stored procedure to create the linked server.

When i run that system stored procedure, I give the authentication mode as 2(WHich says that it will impersonate the current windows security context for creating the linked server)

when i execute the SP it says that unrecognized user Servername\Anonymous.

When i tried to search for a workaround for this issue, i see forums that say that the services if running with a doamin/account name than spn for the account needs to be registered

else run with the network service account.

However if i run with the Network service account how do i give the permission o the network service account on either machines
to the snapshot folder which has the initial snapshot.

Kindly advice or point me to some related links/forums

Thanks,
Mani