I tried to fix the security problem using "dcomcnfg.exe" in Windows 98, which I installed from Microsoft site.
Also, it is noticed that in VB
.OCX control, I am trying to use a server using the users computer name, which I was using the following functions.
' For finding computer name
Both of the above functions in VB
, exactly returns the user computer name in XP,NT etc....But, in Windows'98, it wont.
So, I redesigned the program, which will retrieve computer name from the Windows Kernel32.dll file. The function name used to find the computer name in Kernel32.dll is "getComputerName".
I edited the registery, using regedit command. The following registry keys has been updated.
1. EnableDCom Y
2. EnableRemoteConnect Y
Notice that these two commands can also update through dcomcnfg.exe utility.
I think this will helps.
If any other suggestions, either post it or let me know. My email id is firstname.lastname@example.org