Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C++ and Visual C++ > Visual C++ 2005
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Visual C++ 2005 For discussion of Visual C++ 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Visual C++ 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old July 21st, 2008, 08:55 PM
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default 284 Errors, 3 Warnings in sketcher Ch15

I am getting 284 errors and 3 warnings when building sketcher at the point on page 784 in Chapter 15. Everything was fine when I finished at page 779. I haven't found any typos in my code.

Here is the first few lines of reported errors:

1>c:\beginning visual c++ 2005\examples\sketcher\sketcher\sketcherdoc.h(23) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'CElement'
1>c:\beginning visual c++ 2005\examples\sketcher\sketcher\sketcherdoc.h(27) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'
1>c:\beginning visual c++ 2005\examples\sketcher\sketcher\sketcherdoc.h(27) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
1>c:\beginning visual c++ 2005\examples\sketcher\sketcher\sketcherdoc.h(28) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int

Old July 21st, 2008, 09:11 PM
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Found the problem, should have re-read the top paragraph on page 780 first. It tells you to add an #include directive for Elements.h at the top of SketcherDoc.h. I had read these pages the day before and just went back and entered the code all at once and missed this point.

Old July 22nd, 2008, 04:42 AM
Authorized User

examples are not easy to follow i wish the source codes were in solution format so yould just open it and examine it..i did not like ivor horton's visual c++ 2005 but ivor horton's beginning ansi c++ the complete language is a great book now i am reading it.Visual c++ 2005 is a bad book because half of the book it gives information about standart c++ and at the end of the book c++/cli then mfc then windows forms..It would be more success if the book was only about mfc and windows programming.Another book may be about windows forms and c++/cli and another book for standart c++.Putting 3 books in just 1 book is a very bad idea i think.

Old August 6th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by elvisfeverr
 examples are not easy to follow i wish the source codes were in solution format so yould just open it and examine it..i did not like ivor horton's visual c++ 2005 but ivor horton's beginning ansi c++ the complete language is a great book now i am reading it.Visual c++ 2005 is a bad book because half of the book it gives information about standart c++ and at the end of the book c++/cli then mfc then windows forms..It would be more success if the book was only about mfc and windows programming.Another book may be about windows forms and c++/cli and another book for standart c++.Putting 3 books in just 1 book is a very bad idea i think.

I agree just learning standard C++ is hard enough. If I didn't know it before I started reading this book I would be totally lost!