Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Visual Studio 2005 For discussing Visual Studio 2005. Please post code questions about a specific language (C#, VB, ASP.NET, etc) in the correct language forum instead.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Visual Studio 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old July 10th, 2006, 02:31 PM

Default How to share along several projects

Hi all,
   My question is simple to ask, but I am absolutely lost: I have a solution with several projects; each project is designed to be build into a standalone webapp. How can I share CSS, App_themes & master templates between projects to avoid maintaining copies of these folders???

Thnkx very much!

Old July 13th, 2006, 04:33 PM

well, after searching, to have a solution I've put my projects and solution into a Linux machine and made links to a common directory to all projects, in which css, app_themes and other resources are shared.

It's interesting Linux has solved a problem about VS.

Old July 14th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Hi there,

This is not necessarily a VS thing, but an IIS (Internet Information Service) thing.

Actually, you can accomplish the same thing with IIS. In each of your sites, create a Virtual Directory and call it SharedStuff for example. Point the VD to the folder with the shared files on your disk.

With the VD set up for each site, you can then point to style sheets etc to:

/SharedStuff/SomeCssFile.css

This allows you to share all your files across multiple sites on the same server.

Hope this helps,

Imar
---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Author of ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Beginning Dreamweaver MX / MX 2004