Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Visual Studio 2005 For discussing Visual Studio 2005. Please post code questions about a specific language (C#, VB, ASP.NET, etc) in the correct language forum instead.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Visual Studio 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old January 4th, 2007, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to buvana
Default user control Key Down

I am creating a user control in VB.NET for a windows form. I want to handle the Keydown and Keyup events for the user control within the control. I have tried caoturing events for the control and on the form but neither of them seem to be firing when I press a key. So if I have a user control on a form and I press the key. Where should I expect to see the Keydown event fire?

V.Buvaneswaree
Old January 7th, 2007, 06:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Pomegranete

If you double-click the user control, and get faced with the coding, go to the "Private sub......" section, click there, somewhere, and up at the top right, you can pick from the event list. Keydown and Keyup are both there.

Pomegranete