Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 1.0 and Visual Studio.NET > VS.NET 2002/2003
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old March 27th, 2004, 02:45 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , , .
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Not getting "time" displayed in the first example

Hello everybody, I am new to .NET and just got this book from wrox Beginning ASP.NET with VB .NET .Now this is really frustrating when the first example of the book doesn't works.I have checked the code thousand times but i just dont get the "time" displayed in the browser.(No error message )
Can someone help me in this regard? I would really appreciate your help.
Regards,
Abhishek.

Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old March 27th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Imar's Avatar
Wrox Author
Points: 72,019, Level: 100
Points: 72,019, Level: 100 Points: 72,019, Level: 100 Points: 72,019, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands.
Posts: 17,075
Thanks: 80
Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts
Default

Hi there,

Did you install IIS before you installed the .NET Framework? The order of installation is important for things to work correctly.
If you look at the source of the page in the browser, you probably still see the ASP.NET code, right?

Take a look at this post:
http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3704

You probably need to run aspnet_regiis -i as that post explains. If you search this forum for aspnet_regiis, you'll come across more useful messages.

Cheers,

Imar


---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , , .
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hey imar, thanks for replying but i alreadyhave installed IIS and i dont have visual studio because the book says that mere .NET Framework is enough for the examples to run on the browser. And so i dont know where to run aspnet_regiis -i.
can you help me now?

regards,
abhi.




Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Imar
 Hi there,

Did you install IIS before you installed the .NET Framework? The order of installation is important for things to work correctly.
If you look at the source of the page in the browser, you probably still see the ASP.NET code, right?

Take a look at this post:
http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3704

You probably need to run aspnet_regiis -i as that post explains. If you search this forum for aspnet_regiis, you'll come across more useful messages.

Cheers,

Imar


---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Imar's Avatar
Wrox Author
Points: 72,019, Level: 100
Points: 72,019, Level: 100 Points: 72,019, Level: 100 Points: 72,019, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands.
Posts: 17,075
Thanks: 80
Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts
Default

Sure. Did you install IIS before you installed the .NET Framework?

You'll find the .exe tool here:

YourWindowsFolder\Microsoft.NET\Framework\Your.NET VersionNumber

(most likely something like this: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322)

Imar


---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old March 27th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , , .
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No .NET frameworkwas already installed before even IIS was installed
Does that make any difference though i re-installed framework after IIS?

Thanks!
regards,
Abhi.








Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Imar
 Sure. Did you install IIS before you installed the .NET Framework?

You'll find the .exe tool here:

YourWindowsFolder\Microsoft.NET\Framework\Your.NET VersionNumber

(most likely something like this: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322)

Imar


---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old March 27th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Imar's Avatar
Wrox Author
Points: 72,019, Level: 100
Points: 72,019, Level: 100 Points: 72,019, Level: 100 Points: 72,019, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands.
Posts: 17,075
Thanks: 80
Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts
Default

Yeah, that matters a lot. The .NET Framework setup makes changes to the configuration of IIS, to map the various ASP.NET pages (like .aspx) to the .NET Framework.

The aspnet_regiis tool will take care of that as well, so running it with the right parameters (check the /? option for info) should do the trick.

Imar


---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old March 27th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: , , .
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

cool man! it works now.Thank you so much.You are doing a great thing here.

cheers!
abhi.



Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Imar
 Yeah, that matters a lot. The .NET Framework setup makes changes to the configuration of IIS, to map the various ASP.NET pages (like .aspx) to the .NET Framework.

The aspnet_regiis tool will take care of that as well, so running it with the right parameters (check the /? option for info) should do the trick.

Imar


---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Only one screen is displayed at one time dontknowmuch Java GUI 1 May 14th, 2005 11:33 AM
Time displayed with date! Please help Renu ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Basics 18 August 20th, 2004 09:04 AM
Time getting displayed along with Date mahulda Classic ASP Databases 15 August 16th, 2004 02:05 PM
Date and Time Displayed Together in DataGrid mahulda ADO.NET 2 July 16th, 2004 04:43 AM
time displayed damnnono_86 Access 2 November 28th, 2003 01:02 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.