Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 18th, 2003, 06:01 PM

Default ASP.NET Error

I am having a problem when I create a new project in VB.NET for ASP.NET Web Applications. I am trying to use my IIS on Windows XP Professional to develop my project. However, I get an error when using "http://localhost/...."

The error is as follows:
"Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services."

I searched the web and Microsoft knowledge base and found a few solutions that did not work.

1) I tried to type the command:
c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspne t_regiis.exe" -i
It installed the asp.net stuff and still no luck.

2) I then tried to register the aspnet_isapi.dll by typing the command:
"regsvr32 c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v.1.1.4322\aspn et_isapi.dll
A message box said it succeeded, but still no luck.

Going back to VB.Net, the same error message occurs. I have no idea what to do. I do have ASP.NET 1.1 and all windows updates. I did read somewhere (but no detail was given) about enabling IIS and/or Front Page extentions?? I am pretty sure they are enabled. I used IIS before but not with ASP.NET.... But I am not sure how to do this EXACTLY in WinXP Professional.

PLEASE HELP!
Thank you so much!

Old April 20th, 2005, 11:37 AM

Hi There,

Did you try to run aspnet_regiis -i?
The file is located in:
%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<Your Framework Version>

It worked for me

Forza Roma
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Friend of Wrox

Try aspnet_regiis -c this copies the files to the web root directory as is needed, then try the -i switch.

Brian