Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 1.0 and Visual Studio.NET > VS.NET 2002/2003
|
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 24th, 2003, 07:08 AM

Default Shall i use ASP page and ASPX pages in in .net prj

Hello guys
 shall i use asp page and aspx pages in the .net project

pl..tell me
bye

Old December 24th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Hi there,

What exactly is your question? Whether you can do it? Or whether it's a good thing to do?

We have upgraded a couple of ASP applications to ASP.NET. During the transition period, we had both ASP and ASPX pages. This works fine. ASP is handled by the ASP runtime, ASPX pages are handled by .NET/. Also, Visual Studio can handle ASP pages. It will give you color coding, Intelli Sense (limited) and other "editor features".

For the long run, I recommend to create an application completely in ASP or completely in ASP.NET. You can mix the two, but IMO it will lead to maintenance problems.

Cheers and a merry Christmas,

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.

Old December 26th, 2003, 03:06 AM

Thanks for ur reply,
i developed one site for video conference booking in aspx pages,
in this we have to show confirm rows are in blue color and
non-confirmed rows in red colour,
for this i tried a lot but i didn't get,so this site already developed in asp,from this i have to add on page into aspx site.
site is http:\\video.apts.gov.in
please help me
bye

Old December 26th, 2003, 07:19 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

I am still not sure what the question is. How about you be a bit more specific and explain your requirements.

Are you trying to display alternating rows? If, for example, you're using a DataGrid, you can simply use the AlternatingItem template to display rows in a different color.

For more info about the DataGrid control, look here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...webcontrol.asp

Cheers,

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.

Old January 5th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Thank guys

i got it.
bye