Wrox Programmer Forums
|
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 30th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Authorized User

Default ASP COM failing to use .NET DLL

Howdy -

Not sure this is the right forum for this, but I have created a .NET class that works fine from .ASPX pages. However, I have an older standard ASP system that I want to use the same class in. I have set the project for COM Interop, but for some reason I cannot create the object with either the Server.CreateObject() or the ActiveXObject() in javacript. Again, the exact same come using the ActiveXObject works when its used in an ASPX page.

Other info - I have given the .Net class a strongname, it's registered as a COM component (used regasm.exe to make sure), and I even installed it in the GAC using gacutil.exe.

I have another, simplier .NET class that I use that works no problem in ASP pages. This program does call a webservice. I compiled the WSDL file into a .DLL and import it into the project this way.

Any words of wisdom from anyone?
Thanks- Hubman

Old February 11th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Authorized User

To anyone who has had similar issues..

I guess I should have realized first off that ASP and ASPX pages are run by different command interpreters in IIS. However, this really wasn't the problem I had in particular. My problem was that I was calling a webservice inside .NET class. Apparently, this will not work when you use it as a COM object in ASP.

Hubman