I have been the one like you now who eager to find the source code and errata of my WROX books that purchased before, but eventually can't get any ideas of where and how to do so and why the books are currently not (and will no longer be) listed in www.Wrox.com
. After visting the P2P forum, you have a little idea, but maybe more terrible to you that, you are told to contact www.Apress.com
for further enquiry.
It is what I have ever been encountered too.
Maybe the following Q&A may answer you:
[u]Q: Why my purchased WROX books no longer be found at www.Wrox.com now?
(Quoted from this post: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6033
, by Hal Levy)
WROX publishing was orginnaly owned by a company named PEER. However, PEER went out of business, and then another publishing named Wiley purchased the WROX brand as well as 30 WROX books. Only those 30 books are now listed on www.Wrox.com
site, the remainder were purchased by another publishing named APRESS (http://www.apress.com
So, as a result, if you can't get your books currently at www.Wrox.com
, that means the books you purchased is now owned by APRESS publishing, and hence you should contact APRESS (www.apress.com
) instead of Wrox (www.Wrox.com
[u]Q: How to obtain Source Code & Errata for the WROX books at Apress?
- Go to APRESS mainpage (www.apress.com)
- Click on "Download" at the left-hand side menu, then you may see the following message on the page, get to this link:
quote:Downloads for books formerly published by Wrox and Glasshaus are located at http://support.apress.com/
- Scroll the page to the buttom, select your WROX books from the Combo box
- Click "Select book"
- Under "Support Files", you'll now find both the source code and errata now.
- For getting Source Code, Apress requires you to register for collecting Apress update newsletter about this book.
- Enter anything under the "E-Mail Address", or enter a valid E-Mail if you actaully wanna be the one to keep contact with the Apress newsletter of this book. Then click "Submit"
- You can get the source code now.