Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > XML > XSLT
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
XSLT General questions and answers about XSLT. For issues strictly specific to the book XSLT 1.1 Programmers Reference, please post to that forum instead.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the XSLT section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
  #1 (permalink)  
Old November 13th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Authorized User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: , , .
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Client side XSLT not working in FireFox

Subject pretty much says it all. I came across http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs...in_Mozilla_FAQ FAQ which states that I should be using .xml and .xls extensions. OK. And serving as text/xml. OK

So I checked it out. Unsurprisingly there was something up. My .xml and .xsl files were being served without a Content-Type at all.

So added this line (using Apache 2):
Code:
AddType text/xml xml xsl xslt
to my apache2.conf but its made no difference. Indeed to get a Content-Type header to be send I have to use PHP!
Code:
header('Content-Type: text/xml');
but then of course i'm not using the correct .xml and .xsl extensions.

Why isn't Content-Type being sent at all in the first place?
Why is my AddType declaration being ignored
Why is ForceType (another thing I tried with an .htaccess) also making absolutely no difference?!

Also this isn't anything to do with content negotiation because my browser is clearly accepting text/xml.

  #2 (permalink)  
Old November 13th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Authorized User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: , , .
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Solved.

FireFox won't process
Code:
<xsl:output method="xml"
properly. Instead you must use
Code:
<xsl:output method="html"
.

Oh btw my server was sending text/xml header all along.



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Client Side Script not working in DNN rpdrake BOOK: Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals ISBN: 0-7645-9563-6 2 February 27th, 2009 03:06 PM
Problem Converting Client-side to Server-side Code kwilliams ASP.NET 2.0 Professional 1 November 21st, 2007 05:25 PM
Client Side Script Not Working sramesh ASP.NET 2.0 Basics 3 August 2nd, 2007 03:56 PM
Firing server side events at client side codes mehdi62b ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Basics 6 May 18th, 2005 09:11 AM





Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2020 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.