Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > XML > XSLT
XSLT General questions and answers about XSLT. For issues strictly specific to the book XSLT 1.1 Programmers Reference, please post to that forum instead.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the XSLT section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old July 27th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default input attribute problem


I have a system working with xsl and php, I create a button with information from a php file and everything goes ok, but when I try to change the disabled state of the button, it always shows disabled even if the vaue of the property is false.

Does anybody have an idea about this??

Thanks, ;)

Old July 28th, 2007, 05:21 AM
Friend of Wrox
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 430
Thanks: 28
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to bonekrusher

Hi Skyangel17,

This sounds like a PHP state problem and not XSLT. I would suggest a PHP forum.


Old July 28th, 2007, 05:56 AM
mhkay's Avatar
Wrox Author
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 292 Times in 287 Posts

I'm afraid your description is about as useful as saying "I have a program that doesn't work, does anyone know why". We can't possibly know what you've done wrong from the description given here.

Michael Kay
Author, XSLT Programmer's Reference and XPath 2.0 Programmer's Reference
Old July 30th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well, thanks both for answering.

I could fix my problem, and I found out that the "disabled" attribute of a input "button" doesn't need to have a value, the simple declaration of the atribute makes the element disabled; so I put that line inside of an "if" expression and it works really good.

Thank you anyway for your time, and sorry about my english

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:44 AM
joefawcett's Avatar
Wrox Author
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,074
Thanks: 1
Thanked 38 Times in 37 Posts

The full syntax is disabled="disabled" for which, in HTML but not XML or XHTML you can use the shortcut disabled.
If you'd shown some code earlier it would have been more obvious what the problem was. Please read the first post in this forum about how to make an effective posting.


Joe (Microsoft MVP - XML)

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem in XSLT with "//" in attribute value kaps77 XSLT 3 November 6th, 2007 10:57 AM
Attribute.add and Refresh Problem Ardvisoor ASP.NET 2.0 Professional 3 July 25th, 2006 12:10 PM
attribute problem muki XSLT 1 November 13th, 2005 12:26 PM
Access to attribute values from class of attribute jacob C# 1 October 28th, 2005 01:11 PM
Problem in displaying the value of an attribute agarwal_parul XSLT 1 March 10th, 2004 05:54 AM

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright (c) 2020 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.