Hi I've got a problem when following the book "Beginning Visual Basic .NET"
In chapter 15, which I was looking for, the auther goes through how to work with databases and goes through how to create one in access (I already knew how so...) afterwards he writes on how to connect this one to a new empty windows application but somehow I can't seem to get it to work.
I'll outline what I've done below so you maybe can tell me whats wrong
* Created a new windows application
* Added a OleDbDataAdapter and in the wizard that followed did the following:
- New connection, Provider, Microsoft JET 4.0 OLE DB Provider
- Looked up my database
- Pressed ok
- Could only select Use SQL statements so picked that one
- In the Advanced Options unchecked everything (only the first two were checked)
- Generated a simple SQL statement using the Query Builder
- Pressed next (No errors: Generated SELECT statement, Generated table mappings)
* Entered menu Data and selected Generate DataSet...
* Accepted everything as it was (New: DataSet1, checked for my created table using OleDbAdapter, checked the bottom checkbox)
* Pressed Ok (ERROR: "There were prolems generating Binding_Data.DataSet1. To resolve this problem, build the project, fix any errors, and then generate the dataset again.")
* Tried to build the project, no problems
* Generated the dataset again but same thing happened
Is there anybody who might be able to help me out here? I really want to be able to start using SQL databases but until I figure out whats wrong I can't