Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Beginning VB 6
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Beginning VB 6 For coders who are new to Visual Basic, working in VB version 6 (not .NET).
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Beginning VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old July 7th, 2004, 12:32 PM

Default Need help with sending an Attachment in Email

I'm new to VB and need some help. I have a program that creates a text file and the text file needs to be sent to someone via email.

How do I create an Email with subject line and an attachment using VB.Net?

Old July 7th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Friend of Wrox

Hey,

Hopefully this can help you out: http://www.dotnetjohn.com/articles.aspx?articleid=7

Brian

Old July 7th, 2004, 02:15 PM

That code is way over my head. I don't even know where to start with all of that. I have tried using "mailto:" and like the idea, but I can't seem to do attachments with it.

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("mailto:@email.co m?subject=IP Information&Body=See attachment&Attach=c:\program files\ip info\ip.txt")

If there is a way that will open a email page and fill out all the information along with the attachement, that would be perfect.

I don't want code where it automatically sends the message, because the email may go to different people and it needs to use the users smtp client.