Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old January 17th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Authorized User

Default query string not rewriting, bookmarks not working

Why is TBH not rewriting the query string when I change categories, and is there a way to fix this?

For example, when I change categories from the dropdownlist in the ManageArticles page and select another category, the articles displayed in the grid change correctly. However, the URL query string still stays the same:

http://localhost:xxxx/TBH_Web/Admin/....aspx?CatID=28

This becomes an issue for bookmarking - I tried bookmarking the ArticleListing page in Firefox 1.5, as well as adding it to favorites in IE7, while displaying different articles. When I open the bookmarks, the same articles show: beer-related, which is corresponding to category 28.

I suspect this has something to do with the postback model? Please forgive me if this is something blatantly obvious as I am still fairly new to asp.net.

- TheBeerHouse Mods Repository
http://www.sashka.com/TheBeerHouse/thebeerhouse.html
Old January 18th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Friend of Wrox

It almost sounds like a Server.Transfer is used somewhere instead of a Response.Redirect, but my gut tells me it's not going to be that easy!

Old January 30th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Authorized User

I searched but didn't find any Server.Transfer references in the solution.

Maybe it has to do something with the cache?

Anyone else experiencing this ??
Old February 1st, 2007, 01:12 PM
Authorized User

It appears the postback is not changing the query string.

One solution has been found - adding a Response.Redirect to redirect the page to BrowseListings with the new CatID appended.

Is there a way to have the postback change the query string automatically, without having to perform a Redirect?