Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default How to make a new copy of the database for editing?

Hi:

I'm trying to take the existing database and copy it to another location and then rename some to the stored procedures to my own, just the "tbh" to my own three letter extension, "wfm" whereever it appears. I want to eventually add a table as well. I had moved a copy of the database to a new folder.

I tried opening the database with Sql server mgnt. studio and get the error message:

" There is no editor available for 'c:\a copy of database\ASPNETDB.MDF'. Make sure the application for the file type (.MDF) is installed. "

I then opened Sql Server management studio and tried to "attach" to that new location. But I get an error message :

======= the error message:

"An error occurred when attaching the database. Click the hyperlink in the Message column for details." (I click ok, then click on the hyperlink which states):

"Attach database failed for Server "my server's name"\SQLEXPRESS. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)"

"Additional Information:Cannot attach a database with the same name as an existing database. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)"

=== end of error message

I'm not sure what to do. Should I change the name of the database? I'm afraid if I do, it won't work properly in my program. How do I make a new copy of the database??

Rachel

This is resolved...

Last edited by Rachel; January 14th, 2009 at 10:50 PM..