Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 with C# by Chris Goode, John Kauffman, Christopher L. Miller, Neil Raybould, S. Srinivasa Sivakumar, Dave Sussman, Ollie Cornes, Rob Birdwell, Matt Butler, Gary Johnson, Ajoy Krishnamoorthy, Juan T. Llibre, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764543708
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old September 19th, 2004, 11:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to digitaltoddy
Default New to ASP.NET w/ C# and having problems

I am just getting into ASP.net w/ C# and am having problems viewing data. I can view the HTML but the C# code does not seem to execute. Example, Chapter 1 - punctual.aspx is not returning the time in "WebServerLand". Another example is Chapter 2 - datacontrol.aspx, it's a blank page, and I am only able to view the Title of the page itself. I've downloaded the chapter files and those don't work either. I've also confirmed that my Environment Variables are set up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If it helps, I am running Windows XP Pro, .NET Framework v1.1.4322.

Old September 20th, 2004, 07:20 AM
Friend of Wrox

1) Open a command window. (Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.)
2) Navigate to the directory of the Aspnet_regiis.exe version you want to use. Remember that each version of the .NET Framework comes with its own version.

The file is usually located in the following directory:
for XP c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<versionNumber>
for 2000 c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\<versionNumber>

Then type aspnet_regiis.exe -i