Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 > BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 with C# by Chris Goode, John Kauffman, Christopher L. Miller, Neil Raybould, S. Srinivasa Sivakumar, Dave Sussman, Ollie Cornes, Rob Birdwell, Matt Butler, Gary Johnson, Ajoy Krishnamoorthy, Juan T. Llibre, Chris Ullman; ISBN: 9780764543708
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 1.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old September 1st, 2003, 08:30 PM

Default Chapter 1: Configuring Directory Security

When I right-click the BegASPNEt folder and select properties, there is no securities tab. How do I get it to show?

BonnieY
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to zakram

Try This:
Right-Click BegAspNet directory and select properties.
From BegASPNET properties page, select Directory security tag and then select "edit" button.
This will open up a dialog box named authentication method.
Click Browse and that will take you to select user page page ( the one on page 42 of the ASP.net1.0 with Visual Basic.net book ).
You can follow book to add ASPNET.
When u enter ASPNET u will see your name added with ASPNET user as
"yourName\ASPNET".

Zakram
Old September 3rd, 2003, 11:09 AM

Thank you for your input to my problem.
Unfortunately, the problem is that I do not have any Securities tabs on my Directory Properties folders.
How do I get them to appear?

BonnieY
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to zakram

I do no see the security tab either. I am using WindowXp Professional. This book seems to be written for Window 2000 Professional. Window Xp pro have solved a lot of security issues. My understanding is that with window Xp Security tab is not needed. By following the instructions i posted earlier, your ASPNET asscess is generated, provided that you logged in with Administrator previlliges. Good Luck.

Zakram
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:40 PM

Thank you, Zakram,
I guess I'd made a typo when I copied the code.
I tried it out using the the sample code and it worked (when I added the correct location of the db!)

That is very interesting that XP Pro has solved that problem.
It looks like it's going well now. I'm already up to Chapter 7.

BonnieY