Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 4.5 > BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 4.5: in C# and VB by Imar Spaanjaars; ISBN: 978-1-118-31180-6
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:40 AM
jason.gaylord's Avatar
Wrox Author
Points: 45, Level: 1
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbboyd View Post
The reason I asked is that it was posted on this blog board that the book wouldn't be released until later April early May. But now you say that it is released? I am confused. I am really not sure what everybody is talking about here.
It is not released yet. A few posts up from this I had posted the phase we're at. We're almost wrapped up with the final edits. This book is huge so the editing phase takes much longer than a 200 page book. We're sorry for the inconvenience about the release date. As one of the authors, I can attest that we're doing everything possible to get this released as soon as possible. Unfortunately, I'm still researching how to increase the number of hours in the day.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 411
Thanks: 13
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Amazon has the book available.

If you look on the webpage for Amazon.com it says that you can order it.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-C...ds=asp.net+4.5

That they have the books in stock. So this is why I am confused.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
jason.gaylord's Avatar
Wrox Author
Points: 45, Level: 1
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbboyd View Post
If you look on the webpage for Amazon.com it says that you can order it.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-C...ds=asp.net+4.5

That they have the books in stock. So this is why I am confused.
That's not the book we are referring to. It's not Professional C# 4.5. It's ASP.NET Professional 4.5 in C# and VB. The link on Amazon is: http://jasong.us/ProASPnet45-AMZN.

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 411
Thanks: 13
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Yes I see now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.gaylord View Post
That's not the book we are referring to. It's not Professional C# 4.5. It's ASP.NET Professional 4.5 in C# and VB. The link on Amazon is: http://jasong.us/ProASPnet45-AMZN.

Hope that helps!
Oh okay. I was confused just a bit here. They both are books with very similar titles. Sorry my bad. While I have you here, is the new book that you are going to be releasing soon going to do like Imar's book does and allow you to go step by step building a Website that is an actual application?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old March 29th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Authorized User
Points: 118, Level: 2
Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2 Points: 118, Level: 2
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbboyd View Post
The reason I asked is that it was posted on this blog board that the book wouldn't be released until later April early May. But now you say that it is released? I am confused. I am really not sure what everybody is talking about here.
It's not, he just responded in a way that wasn't clear. The book that was linked is the book about C# and .NET. The book we're waiting for here is Professional ASP.NET 4.5 in C# and VB. They're completely different.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old March 29th, 2013, 11:02 AM
jason.gaylord's Avatar
Wrox Author
Points: 45, Level: 1
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northeastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 13
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbboyd View Post
Oh okay. I was confused just a bit here. They both are books with very similar titles. Sorry my bad. While I have you here, is the new book that you are going to be releasing soon going to do like Imar's book does and allow you to go step by step building a Website that is an actual application?

Thanks!
It will not. It's quite difficult in this book because:
  1. It's so large
  2. Coordinating an idea with the authors
  3. Not all of the content at a Pro level can fit into 1-2 applications.
To expand more on the last item, there are topics about switching the authentication providers and such. The problem with doing a real-world scenario in this book is that you simply wouldn't have a public website that uses Windows authentication (as an example). That's great feedback though and we'll definitely consider it for the next version.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Friend of Wrox
Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17 Points: 1,905, Level: 17
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 411
Thanks: 13
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Lack of ASP.NET 4.5 books?

I have noticed that with the exception of APress an Wrox that most of the technical manual publishers have kind of shied away from publishing manuals on ASP.NET 4.5 despite the fact that is has been in final release since last September. In my opinion, there seems to be dearth of ASP.NET 4.5 books on the market these days as opposed to the amount of ASP.NET 4.0 and ASP.NET 3.0 books that were immediately on the market upon the release of a new ASP.NET version. Is this just me or is there something here that people don't know or aren't talking about? Also would like to know why there is a total lack of ECommerce books for versions ASP.NET 4.0 and ASP.NET 4.5. It seems like to me that after ASP.NET 3.5 was released there weren't too many ASP.NET books on ECommerce released? Do you know of any reason why?
PS the Reason I ask, is because there have been a number of people who have posted on the Wrox boards in regards to why there isn't a ECommerce Book for ASP.NET 4.0 or ASP.NET 4.5 published and on the market today.

Last edited by vbboyd; March 30th, 2013 at 12:18 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Wrox Author
Points: 17, Level: 1
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Alabama
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbboyd View Post
I have noticed that with the exception of APress an Wrox that most of the technical manual publishers have kind of shied away from publishing manuals on ASP.NET 4.5 despite the fact that is has been in final release since last September. In my opinion, there seems to be dearth of ASP.NET 4.5 books on the market these days as opposed to the amount of ASP.NET 4.0 and ASP.NET 3.0 books that were immediately on the market upon the release of a new ASP.NET version. Is this just me or is there something here that people don't know or aren't talking about? Also would like to know why there is a total lack of ECommerce books for versions ASP.NET 4.0 and ASP.NET 4.5. It seems like to me that after ASP.NET 3.5 was released there weren't too many ASP.NET books on ECommerce released? Do you know of any reason why?
PS the Reason I ask, is because there have been a number of people who have posted on the Wrox boards in regards to why there isn't a ECommerce Book for ASP.NET 4.0 or ASP.NET 4.5 published and on the market today.
I think one of the reasons why there aren't more ASP.NET 4.5 books is timing. Windows 8 seemed to be the area of focus that many developers were taking. Even within the realm of web development, ASP.NET MVC was a big area of focus.
I would give a similar answer with regards to ECommerce books. ECommerce is definitely a necessary and important topic for web developers, but it is not as much of a hot topic as it once was. I believe as Microsoft continues to push the One ASP.NET concept, these topics will come back into the limelight!
I really don't think there is any more to read into it than that however.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What after Beginning ASP.NET 4 in C# and VB? sulix BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB 3 March 21st, 2011 03:47 AM
Can'T find code to Beginning Asp.net using VB.NET darruler All Other Wrox Books 1 August 12th, 2004 05:04 PM
Help 'beginning asp.net using vb.net' source code jkmf Wrox Book Feedback 1 January 18th, 2004 08:09 AM
Beginning ASP.Net Databases Using VB.Net ISBN 6195 tlamazares SQL Server ASP 1 December 15th, 2003 01:28 PM
Beginning ASP.NET E-commerce with VB.NET attipa All Other Wrox Books 2 June 23rd, 2003 10:35 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.