Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-26129-3
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming by Jack Purdum; ISBN: 9780470261293
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-26129-3 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old November 9th, 2008, 10:38 PM

Default A Question Before I Buy

Hello,

I am brand new to programming and based on the research I have done it looks like C# is the language to learn. I am currently working through another Wrox book (Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 In C# and VB) and it is excellent. It seems like learning more about C# is a logical and appropriate next step (Bye the way, my primary interest is in Web Development).

My question about the book is that it is for C# 3.0 (2005?) and 4.0 (2008?) is what is now available from Microsoft for download. First, is there an updated version of this book pending? And, if so, when would it be out? Or, if an update is not pending, would I have any difficulty using the book in conjunction with the Visual C# 2008 Express download?

Please advise. I really like the fact that this book not only teaches the C# language but that it is also an intro to programming in general! It appears to be the best choice for me.

zpride

Old November 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Friend of Wrox

All of the examples in my book can be run using C# Express 2008. Indeed, that was the only environment used while writing the book precisely for that reason. My purpose for writing the book was to introduce the reader to OOP. Using C# as the vehicle was because Visual Studio presents the user with an easy-to-use environment where I don't have to spend much time talking about the environment and can concentrate on the OOP and language tasks at hand. Obviously, I'm biased when I say I think the book does a good job of teaching OOP program analysis and design plus the C# syntax. You might also read two reviews of the book on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Beginning-3-0-...1571215&sr=8-1).

I honestly think you'll enjoy the book and C# in particular!

Dr. Purdum

Jack Purdum, Ph.D.
Author: Beginning C# 3.0: Introduction to Object Oriented Programming (and 14 other programming texts)

Old November 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM

Thank you for your response Dr. Purdum.

Old November 15th, 2008, 03:27 PM

I strongly recommend you to purchase this book.I am novice in C# myself and pick up a lot already with this book.It's written in very easy-to-follow way and is actually learning OOP. It's my advice

Old November 17th, 2008, 09:12 PM

Thank you for your recommendation. I have already bought the book and am very pleased thus far. I looked at a lot of C# books before choosing this one, and I am very happy with my choice.

zpride