Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-26129-3
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming by Jack Purdum; ISBN: 9780470261293
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning C# 3.0 : An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming ISBN: 978-0-470-26129-3 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 10th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Authorized User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPurdum View Post
that you might have "over-thought" the code, trying to add your own event processing code, which (other than that shown on p. 44) is not necessary.
hehe... you are right. i may have over-thought ... guess im thinking too logicially? ok, i will shutup now and complete your book. :)

Old February 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Friend of Wrox

Don't ever worry about asking too many questions...that's the best way to learn. Over the years, I've learned that students ask questions for one of three reasons: 1) they really want to understand the topic, 2) they already know the answer and want to show off, or 3) they know the answer and want to try and trick you into making a mistake so they can embarass you. I have no problem with #1...numbers 2 and 3, not so much. I can tell you fall into the #1 type and I'm more than happy to answer all your questions.

Keep working and it will all fall into place...

Old February 16th, 2010, 12:27 AM
Authorized User

Quote:
Don't ever worry about asking too many questions...that's the best way to learn. Over the years, I've learned that students ask questions for one of three reasons: 1) they really want to understand the topic, 2) they already know the answer and want to show off, or 3) they know the answer and want to try and trick you into making a mistake so they can embarass you. I have no problem with #1...numbers 2 and 3, not so much. I can tell you fall into the #1 type and I'm more than happy to answer all your questions.

Keep working and it will all fall into place...

thank you so much for the relieve. yes you are right i fall into the #1 category. and just to put you at ease, im VERY inquisitive in nature. ive already started preparing some questions and going to hold on to it until i complete the book(hopefully by early next week) im doing one chapter a day. have to give the benefit of the doubt, some question might be answered later in the chapters. im at chapter 7 today.

its a very wonderful thing you are doing here. ive never known an author who is so helpful to their readers.

keep up the good work dr purdum. this might be the best programming book ive ever bought.... :)

Old February 16th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Friend of Wrox

Again, thanks for the kind words about the book. Don't rush to finish the book. Take your time, read and think, work the exercises, and then move on when you're comfortable with what you've read.

When you're ready to ask more questions, fire away. I try to log on here at least three or four times a week and will do my best to answer your questions.

Old February 18th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Authorized User

Quote:
Again, thanks for the kind words about the book. Don't rush to finish the book. Take your time, read and think, work the exercises, and then move on when you're comfortable with what you've read.

When you're ready to ask more questions, fire away. I try to log on here at least three or four times a week and will do my best to answer your questions.
ok i will not rush ... im at chapter 9 now .. already getting lost ... ok i will start posting now ... :)