Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning Microsoft Visual Basic 2010
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning Visual Basic 2010 by Thearon Willis, Bryan Newsome; ISBN: 9780470502228
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old December 15th, 2011, 05:23 PM

Default Data sorting with marcos

Hi,

I am pretty new to Visual Basic, and am trying to create a spreadsheet to use at work for dispatching employees.

It is for my dispatcher to use, who needs the sheet to be as simple as possible to use.

Basically what I am looking to make is one sheet that lists employees names, with a column for work location, and a column for equipment they will be running. I would like the employees to be listed alphabetically for this chart, and also for my dispatcher to have the ability to add employees when we hire.

The final sheet I need is a sheet that is organized by work location, with employee name, equipment, and job number.

I have been using the record macro function, but I keep running into problems when I try to use the Data Filter. I get a message that says "..with block"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!