Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development ISBN: 9780470391143
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development by Timothy Boronczyk, Elizabeth Naramore, Jason Gerner, Yann Le Scouarnec, Jeremy Stolz; ISBN: 9780470391143
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning PHP 6, Apache, MySQL 6 Web Development ISBN: 9780470391143 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old March 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Default Testing the Apache/PHP Configuration P13

Having successfully (so I thought) installed and tested Apache and PHP, on trying to test the configuration, ie configuring Apache to use PHP (page 13) using the test.php file, Windows is unable to find the webpage. I have crawled through all relevant posts for this book, double checked all my code but cannot find a solution. My httpd.conf file includes the line '#ServerName localhost:8080' as I'm using my laptop as my server. Is this correct? I've already changed the line 'LoadModule php5_module "C:\PHP\php5apache2_2.dll" 'from php6 as a previous post informs (I didn't realise I'd downloaded version 5) but otherwise I've come to a standstill before I even start. If any old AMP hand can offer me some advice so I can actually get started on my learning curve I'd be most appreciative. Thanks very much in advance. Chastini

Hi again, Since writing this I had a sudden bout of inspiration. During my Apache setup, I had to change the port over to 8080. So of course the web address for my pages is now http://localhost:8080/whatever.php . (I'd forgotten the :8080) It's now all working fine. Sorry to have to keep this now-not-needed thread in place but I can't find a delete button. If some kind soul can direct me I'll happily remove it. Anyway, the forum will no doubt prove to be of use during my AMP studies so catch you all later.

Last edited by Chastini; March 11th, 2010 at 04:28 PM..
Old March 12th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Authorized User
Points: 105, Level: 2 Points: 105, Level: 2 Points: 105, Level: 2
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Nah, don't remove it. Someone with the same problem might find it useful.

Welcome to the forum. There are about 3 or 4 people that post often lately, so please post often and let's get this thing rolling!

Good luck! It's a great book once you get started. What chapter are you on?

BozHogan
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:38 PM

Default Yes, enjoying it already

Thanks for your reply Boz.
I'm working through chapter 2 so still a complete newbie but loving it. I can certainly see the potential of AMP. My web development is still stuck in the dark ages although I now happily use CSS for all my formatting so happily once I get to grips with this book it should improve my websites and my capabilities no end. (Well that's the theory at least). From what I've seen of this book so far I'm glad I chose this one out of all those on the market and I'm sure I'll be back on the forum a fair bit.