Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > PHP/MySQL > BOOK: Professional CodeIgniter ISBN: 978-0-470-28245-8
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional CodeIgniter ISBN: 978-0-470-28245-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional CodeIgniter by Thomas Myer; ISBN: 9780470282458
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional CodeIgniter ISBN: 978-0-470-28245-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:00 AM
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default error page when using the browser back and forward arrow , please help !

hi
try do search for anything for example "toy" , you will be directed to the search view results , try do "add to cart" or press the product name ,
for example if you press the product name link now you will see the product details page view , now try press on the back arrow button on the browser ,
you will get this error page :
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Webpage has expired

Most likely cause:
•The local copy of this webpage is out of date, and the website requires that you download it again.

What you can try:
Click on the Refresh button on the toolbar to reload the page. After refreshing, you might need to navigate to the specific webpage again, or re-enter information.

More information

------------------------------------------------------------------
also the same problem happen if you do a search after you see the search results page press the back arrow of the browser , the browser will take you to the previous page but now if you press on the forward arrow of the browser you will not go to the search results instead you will get the same above error page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

how the search cotroller can detect a a backward or forward arrow browser button is behind the request , and how we shall solve such issue ?
maybe i should enable caching i am not sure caching will solve this particular problem please advice ? and how to enable caching in codeigniter if so ?

Last edited by zoro12; November 22nd, 2011 at 06:27 AM..
Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default i have solved the problem volla !!!!!!!

i hope this solution will be stable ,
the problem was in the php.ini the session cach limiter was disabled there....
i changed it from nocache to private so it recognize private sessions and cach it......
session.cache_limiter = private

mr. myer is my solution right or wrong please advice ? i am not 100% understand how this solution worked , i just search for a solution for this error page and i found it in some forum by googling....

thanks.