Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > PHP/MySQL > BOOK: Professional CodeIgniter ISBN: 978-0-470-28245-8
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional CodeIgniter ISBN: 978-0-470-28245-8
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional CodeIgniter by Thomas Myer; ISBN: 9780470282458
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional CodeIgniter ISBN: 978-0-470-28245-8 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 1st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thumbs down Keep Getting errors thrown back

Hi all,

I keep getting errors thrown back when using the category and product views, I don't know if anyone else has had these series of errors but its now getting rather frustrating.

I am using WAMP to test locally and I have set up a folder in which my project will be compiled. To start with I could not get the "anchors to work until I put "index.php" into the config file which now includes it in the url such as "localhost/new-site/index.php/welcome/cat/2 which works fine but looks messy.

Any way this is not the problem in hand;

when I try to run the model mcats it throws an invalid argument about "id_clean" (taken directly from source code download) which then removed the offending statement and corrected the parentheses as you would but now when trying to load the category view i'm getting a series of errors -

Severity: Notice

Filename: views/category.php

Line Number: 6

and

Severity: Warning

Filename: views/category.php

Line Number: 6

A similar problem is happening with the product views.

Can anyone help as this is getting rather annoying to work with.

Thank you

Paul
Old January 2nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Hi all

I have gone over the book with a lot of detail and followed it exactly and I still get stuck at the same error, please if anyone has had this problem or solved it, it would be great, up to now I have never read a php book that has so many problems till now, so people if you know please post.

Ps I am also a newby when it comes to codeigniter.