Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional SQL Server Reporting Services ISBN: 0-7645-6878-7
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SQL ServerReporting Services by Paul Turley, Todd Bryant, James Counihan, George McKee, Dave DuVarney; ISBN: 9780764568787
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SQL Server Reporting Services ISBN: 0-7645-6878-7 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old July 27th, 2004, 06:00 PM

Default Programmatic Rendering

I am trying to see if anyone knows how to render a report based on the applications ODBC settings. I am fairly new to this and would like my application create the DataSource connection based on how I am currently logged in. I do not want to create multiple connections but would like to know if it will be possible to run a report this way. For example I set my odbc string for my application to MyTest server then run reports here. Later log on my MyLive server and run the reports based on this coonection string. My long term goals is to send this out to my clients and not have them worry about this datasource but create it in my application. I am currently researching the "SetDataSource method for this and think this could be the solution but if anyone knows a way for this to work I would be thankful