Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C# 2005 > C# 2005
|
C# 2005 For discussion of Visual C# 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the C# 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 24th, 2007, 12:25 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default Relative Control Positioning

C# 2.0, vs.net 2005, Windows Forms.

Hi all,
I would like to know the correct way to display a user control next to its parent user control.

The situation is that a control has a button show hide another control, the original control is inside a nest of spt containers and panels.
I wish the newy displayed control to show over all other controls on the form but remain next to the control that loaded it when the form moves.

I have looked into the PointToClient and that seems to place the control in the correct place but it does not remain there when the form is resized or moved and the original control that loaded it has moved.

I wish for it to remain relative to the control that loaded it, kind of like a tool tip or context menu but remaining persistant when it loses focus.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

======================================
They say, best men are molded out of faults,
And, for the most, become much more the better
For being a little bad.
For being a little bad."
--Shakespeare