I'm having similar problem, possibly. I've narrowed it down to the fact that the password is not being set (stays blank) within the ReportDocument object. The ApplyLogOnInfo method sets everything else, but the password stays blank. Someone else posted the same problem at this URL:
Through more digging I found that you may be able to work around this by re-establishing the data source. I found this code, though I think it needs some work:
Dim Report As New Dealer 'Dealer is the name of the crystal report
Dim DealerReg As DataSet = New DataSet()
Me.Cursor = Cursors.WaitCursor
DealerNotReg = get_Dealer_Not_Reg() 'Call up procedure to load
If not DealerNotReg.Tables.Count > 0 Then
' This will reset datasource
Msgbox "No Records available for query"
msgbox "Error Loading CR: " & err.number & " - " & err.description
Me.Cursor = Cursors.default
I'll try to reply back if I find anything more.