I have a business project I have been working on for several days. I am fairly new to VB
so I need some good advice on how to approach the solution.
Our company is engaged in producing asphalt. Asphalt is produced and trucked to the job site. At job site the asphalt is consumed. We need to be able to compare tonnage that have been produced at the plant to tonnage that has been consumed at the job. We need to do this by date and job number.
1. Asphalt plants (8 of them) run on Advantage data base. Each plant has its own data base containing a SalesTicket table that contains asphalt produced.
2. Job site runs on sequel server and consumption is recorded daily wireless
3. User will be able to compare tonnage produced (at plant) and tonnage consumed at job. There could be the case that tonnage is produced and never consumed or tonnage been consumed with no record of being produced.
4. User will be able to view tonnage by date and job and selecting data from one or more plants.
5. If user selects more than one plant I need to connect remotely to multiple plants.
6. The finished display should be something like this:
Date | Job | Asphalt Produced | Job Consumed
So, how can I best consolidate all the information from plants and compare to whatâs been consumed at the jobs? I tried to use temp table in a sp but that does not work since I call the sp multiple times. I need to be able, somehow, to build a table with all the plant information and then compare to job information.
Any good ideas????