Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio. 2005 > .NET Framework 2.0
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
.NET Framework 2.0 For discussion of the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the .NET Framework 2.0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 17th, 2005, 02:24 AM

Default create setup of my application and inlude .Net fra

I am using vb.net not visual studio.net. I want to create setup of my application and inlude .Net framework in the setup how can i do this.

Old June 22nd, 2005, 02:09 AM

Send a message via MSN to sachinashtankar Send a message via Yahoo to sachinashtankar

Hi
you cannot do this using setup and deployement package of .net. Because this package also need .net framework to run. I would suggest u to do this using dot.net version of Install Shield.

Regards
Sachin Ashtankar

Old July 19th, 2005, 05:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Prathviraj

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by shreeniwas
 I am using vb.net not visual studio.net. I want to create setup of my application and inlude .Net framework in the setup how can i do this.

:)
hi
friends
 first of all create setup project and when you going to build the project set the project property bootstrapper =none then buid"
     after that down load bootstriper.exe
     when you run it. it create a settings.ini file create a folder in your setup's debug folder and name this folder as framework
    overwrite following things
    in settings.ini
    [Bootstrap]
Msi=setup1.msi
    'LanguageDirectory=E
ProductName= smarttolltax
    'DialogText=
    'CaptionText=
    'ErrorCaptionText=
FxInstallerPath=framework/
this will definatly help you

Rajat Jaiswal