Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:29 AM

Default problem with CRYSTL32.OCX

hii

i am creating package for one client application.the application contains crystal reports.
when making project i include the "CRYSTL32.OCX" file.but when i deploying the project i got an error "CRYSTL32.OCX file is not registerd".

when I run the program I got an error "componenet CRYSTL32.OCX or one of it's dependencies not correctly regsiterd: a file is missing or invalid"

help me to overcome the problem

Sobhamuktha

Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:28 AM

Send a message via MSN to bazani

To overcome the problem you need to registre te component with a command in ms-dos mode.

"REGSVR32 CRYSTL32.OCX"

You need to be in the directory on the command prompt, ex.

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM>_

and then type the command ahead.
You need to know who the system folder change with the operation system, above the system's folder.

WIN 98 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEMWIN 2K/XP = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
[]'s

Old March 16th, 2005, 05:04 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to rinks

if you are deploying your project using PDW..then it is a bad idea, because the dependency is with many DLLs and most of them are not shipped with professional version of CR report. so, what you can do is to have a installer suite like install shield or wise installer and then create your package...
if you are looking for a free installer then VS installer could be the soulution it is freely available and you need to download it from microsoft site...moreover you will need merge module(s) of the crystal report which is available with business objects site...the site provide MSM for CR v10 RDC, i myself downloaded it and created a setup using VS installer...

rinks

rinks