Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old August 14th, 2003, 08:05 AM

Default trouble creating package for project

Hi All

I have a project that i am trying to create a set up package for, all seems fine until the last process of creating the files, basically nothing happens it creates the root folders of support and package but nothing is contained in them.:(

Has anyone come across this problem, i can compile other projects with no problems.

Thanxs

OMB

Old August 14th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Friend of Wrox

Is the problem with compiling the project (in VB) or with running the Application Setup Wizard?

It sounds like a problem with one of your components. Are they all registered correctly and do any of them require licences?

Regards
Owain Williams

Old August 14th, 2003, 08:25 AM

The problem is when I try to create the package, the application has no problem running on it's own.

Thanxs

Old August 14th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Friend of Wrox

I have seen similar sorts of problems, where the project will run (even with a full compile) however it will not compile into a executable. Make sure all your components are correctly licenced and registered.

Regards
Owain Williams

Old August 14th, 2003, 08:38 AM

Thanxs for the input Owain,

Maybe I have not explained properly, I can create an executable with no problem. it is when i use the package and deployment wizard to create all the setup files that I have this problem. Any Ideas!

OMB