Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old November 30th, 2005, 12:45 PM

Default Selecting Printer for CRViewer

My CRViewer control always previews using DEFAULT system printer but I want the user to change printer in previewing.

I tried using Report.SelectPrinter but it only works for printing (on paper) or exporting. It doesn't affect previewing on CRViewer control. It always uses the system default printer. Printing on paper or exporting always use correctly the printer the user selects (with SelectPrinter) but the only way to change printer for previewing is change default system printer.

My question is: How can i change printer for PREVIEWING ?

Note: this is really important because the user must have for several reasons a Generic / Text Only printer as default system printer, but he has to preview and print on a laserjet printer. In this context, after selecting printer, the preview window always uses "Device Font" instead of "Times New Roman" also if printing on paper is correct.

Many thanks in advance!

Old March 22nd, 2006, 08:38 AM

Did you find a solution? I'm trying to do the same.

Thanks.

Old March 22nd, 2006, 12:47 PM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to ashu_from_india Send a message via Yahoo to ashu_from_india

i am also luking for the same answer

plz help

Old April 2nd, 2006, 08:41 PM

Hi,

In fact, I couldn't find how to change the printer and then preview the report. But i think i have some other solution to it.

Select the report in design mode from Visual Studio 2005 and in "Printer Settings" check the option "No Printer" and now u can choose any default page size for the report.

Now what'll happen, whatever the printer is, report will be displayed in "Defualt Page". Because before if printer was e.g., POS Printer (small printer) it wouldn't fit the report in.

after viewing the report you can send print request to any printer you like.

Good luck