Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 8th, 2006, 09:59 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to polravi
Default Problem in Connection Property of Crystal report 9

Hi All,

I have a major problem with Crystal Reports I'm hoping someone can help.

I'm using VB6, ADO 2.0 and CR9.0.

I have a simple report that everytime on the second run of the report I get the following error message:

Error Number: 2147417848

An error has occurred: [-2147417848]

Method 'Value' of object 'IConnectionProperty' failed

Here is the code it happens on:

Option Explicit

Dim CrxApp As New CRAXDRT.Application
    Dim CrxRpt As New CRAXDRT.Report

Private Sub SetConnection(CR As CRAXDRT.Report)
    Dim CrDatabase As CRAXDRT.Database
    Dim i As Integer
    Set CrDatabase = CR.Database
    For i = 1 To CrDatabase.Tables.count
        CrDatabase.Tables.Item(i).ConnectionProperties("Da tabase") = SysDBName 'SysDBName is my database name
        CrDatabase.Tables.Item(i).ConnectionProperties("Us eDSNproperties") = True
    Next
    CrDatabase.Verify
End Sub

'This is the procedure used to initialize crystal report
Public Sub InitForm(rptfilename As String, rptfomula As String)

Set CrxRpt = CrxApp.OpenReport(GetTemplatePath("Maintenance Summary.rpt")) 'GetTemplatePath gives the report path

CRViewer91.ReportSource = CrxRpt

SetConnection CrxRpt

CrxRpt.RecordSelectionFormula = CrxRpt.RecordSelectionFormula + " and " + Trim(rptfomula)
    CRViewer91.DisplayGroupTree = False
    CRViewer91.Height = ScaleHeight
    CRViewer91.Width = ScaleWidth
    CRViewer91.Refresh
    CRViewer91.Visible = True
    CRViewer91.ViewReport
End Sub

It seems to happen the second time through as I said before, and it seems that the line "CrDatabase.Tables.Item(i).ConnectionProperties("D atabase") = SysDBName" is causing the error.

If I break at that point and hold my mouse over the code VB crashes with the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program VB6.exe

This app has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please help. Has anyone had this problem. Thanks for any help.

Ravi Pol