Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old September 22nd, 2003, 07:03 AM
Authorized User

Default Sending mails

Hi

I've written a mail program for Windows 2000 . I'm using cdosys.dll. I want to use the same program on a Windows NT machine for which I've to register cdosys.dll in Windows Nt machine. In some machines I'm unable to register this dll. Is there any other supporting dlls which I should register?

I was able to register in a few machines, but then I get the following message..

The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 454
5.7.3 Client was not authenticated

Can anybody help me out

Thanks

Rjn
Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:46 AM
Friend of Wrox

I do not know much about how to use cdosys.dll, however I do know that there are loads of dependencies (other dll's) although most of them should already be registered.

For a full list download the Dependency Walker from dependencywalker.com and open cdosys.dll.

Regards
Owain Williams
Old September 23rd, 2003, 05:35 PM
Friend of Wrox

CDOSys is not meant for NT; it is the updated version of CDonts for Win2000. On an NT machine you should be using CDONTS. While you may be able to get CDOSys working, I wouldn't recommend it. Have you thought about using CDOSys remotely from either by ASP or COM+.

Yehuda
Old September 24th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Authorized User

Hi ,

Can you please tell me how I can get cdosys working with Windows NT. I don't have much of choice. I believe CDONTS comes as part of Windows NT option pack. The client is not ready to install this on the production machine. I cannot use outlook also as it propmts for user confirmatin before sending mail. The only option is to use cdosys where I can configure the exchange server to be used for routing the mail.

Regards

rjn
Old September 25th, 2003, 03:34 AM
Authorized User

Have you thought about a 3rd party mail component. I use jmail www.dimac.net. Its easy to use and cheap!