Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 2005 > Pro Visual Basic 2005
|
Pro Visual Basic 2005 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 2005. Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro Visual Basic 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 16th, 2007, 09:40 AM

Default writeline to an application

Hi all,

I'am writing a small application where i start an vpn connection to our network and after the connection is made i start a terminal session. I would like to login automaticely with username and password.
That's the way I do it:

Dim proc As New Process
                    Dim proccontrol As New System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo
                    proccontrol.FileName = "c:\windows\system32\mstsc"
                    proccontrol.Arguments = ("/v:10.48.1.17")
                    proccontrol.RedirectStandardInput = True
                    proccontrol.UseShellExecute = False
                    proccontrol.RedirectStandardOutput = True
                    proccontrol.RedirectStandardError = True

proc = Process.Start(proccontrol)
                    Thread.Sleep(10000);let the application start
                    proc.StandardInput.WriteLine("username")
                    proc.StandardInput.Flush()

proc.WaitForExit()

problem is that the terminal session is starting but it seems as "username" is not send to the application.
I even try to start notepad in the same way but text is not passed to the application
Any suggestions ?

Vinny_68