Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2000 > SQL Server 2000
|
SQL Server 2000 General discussion of Microsoft SQL Server -- for topics that don't fit in one of the more specific SQL Server forums. version 2000 only. There's a new forum for SQL Server 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2000 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 18th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default SQL Server Publish & Subscribe issue

I am using SQL Servers Publish and Subscribe approach to copy content from my server to another. However, as the subscribing server is not on the same network, I'm having to publish the content to the server's hard disk and then have an FTP job copy it to the other location and then reimport it.

I'm told that the Subscription will expire on a regular basis as there has been no connection from the subscribing server within a given time.

Is there :

a. a better way to do this ?
b. a way to set the timeout to NEVER ?

Greg
------------------
Greg Griffiths
Web & Livelink Developer
http://www.greggriffiths.org

Old August 18th, 2004, 02:18 AM
Authorized User

Hi,

To ensure subscriptions never expire, in Enterprise Manager display the properties for the Publication, select the General tab, and check the 'Subscriptions never expire' radio button at the bottom of the dialog.

If you need to do this in TSQL, the @retention parameter of sp_addpublication or sp_addmergepublication should be set to 0.