Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2000 > SQL Server 2000
|
SQL Server 2000 General discussion of Microsoft SQL Server -- for topics that don't fit in one of the more specific SQL Server forums. version 2000 only. There's a new forum for SQL Server 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2000 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old March 7th, 2005, 04:49 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default Error in connecting to sql server 2000 using asp

Hi guys i am new to world of asp . i have a simple script that needs to connect to sql server 2000 northwind db . I am running sql server on windows xp pro sp2 but each time when i run it i get connection errors!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
script that want to run:
<%

Dim conn

Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

conn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source =(local); Initial Catalog = Northwind; User Id =; Password="

If conn.errors.count = 0 Then

Response.Write "Connected OK"

End If

%>

error i get :
Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (0x80004005)
Invalid authorization specification
/connect.asp, line 7

---------------------------------------------------------------------The above asp script is the one i have problem running .i do not know what should i put for its parameters based on my installation method!!i tried all sort of paramaters and non worked i be happy if some one help me run this on my system..Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------the way i log to sql server using sql server service manager is by typing in LAPTOP in the server edit box and and pressing start!

The way i connect to query analyzer i type LAPTOP in sql server edit box and user windows authenticatin and login and pass are empty
---------------------------------------------------------------------here is is how i installed my sql server 2000:

1)put the cd
2)Accept the terms
3) DBMS SELETION: Microsoft sql server 2000 enterprise edition and next
4)LAPTOP in edit box by default can not change it
lOCAL COMPUTERS >>> next
5)Installation option:
create a new instance of sql server or install client tools
6)Name : me
company : me
7)You can select one of the following types of installtions:
server and clietn tools
8)Instance name window : i did not change any thing and i put it as Default and next
9)click the type of setup you prefer. then click next: typical

10) Service account windows:

i changed the deafult user name to sa from Admin007 and domain from laptop to local
then i slected the user the local system account and next.
User the same ac**** for each service .
auto start sql server service

11)in Authentication mode . i did not change any thing and i put windwos auhentication
mode selected.password edit box empty and next

END OF INSTALLATIN!

Old March 7th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Authorized User

Try this conenction string,

conn.Open "Provider=SQLOLEDB; Data Source =(local); Initial Catalog = Northwind; User Id =; Password=";Trusted_Connection=yes;

Regards