Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2000 > SQL Server 2000
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
SQL Server 2000 General discussion of Microsoft SQL Server -- for topics that don't fit in one of the more specific SQL Server forums. version 2000 only. There's a new forum for SQL Server 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2000 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old September 27th, 2007, 11:17 PM

Default Random Rows in Respect to Their Priorities

Random Rows in Respect to Their Priorities

I need to build an SQL query, which generates the random rows priority wise.

I found this on following article.

http://articlesdotnet.blogspot.com/2...-to-their.html

Can anyone test it?

In addition, tell me.

Is it good or have a bug?

If anyone have the better query then please tell me.
Old September 28th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,035, Level: 100 Points: 72,035, Level: 100 Points: 72,035, Level: 100
Activity: 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

Heuh? What's up with this? Why don't *you* try it out and tell *us* whether it's good.

You are not an alias for http://p2p.wrox.com/pop_profile.asp?...splay&id=66067, try to promote your articles, are you?

It's quite a coincidence that in both cases (e.g. /Article3378.aspx and /Article3388.aspx) you post within a day of the release of the original article on dotnetspider.com asking us to read it. What's even more odd, is that in this Wrox post, you initially referred to that other article (Article3378), before you edited it ti this new article about random stuff. Quite a coincidence, don't you think?

If I am completely wrong (quite possible), then: please read the article yourself, and tells us if it's good.

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
http://Imar.Spaanjaars.Com
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Author of ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Beginning Dreamweaver MX / MX 2004