Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > SQL Server > SQL Server 2005 > SQL Server 2005
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
SQL Server 2005 General discussion of SQL Server *2005* version only.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old January 30th, 2008, 07:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to dfgilto
Default job schedule every minute for a stored procedure

hi, i need to synchronize a table from a database to two tables on a different database. I was thinking in a stored procedure to do it and create a job that execute it every minute.

I don't know if this is the right method... maybe it can be a bad decision for the server performance.

Anyone can help me to do that?

Thanks.

Daniel Gil
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Friend of Wrox

You may want to consider doing a trigger.

Depends on the volume of data your dealing with. A trigger can be setup when you insert or update a value in table one. It fires and takes that data and can send it to a remote location. In your design if no records changed, you would fire the stored proc off 60 times an hour. A trigger fires off for every insert, update or delete or whatever you set it up for.