Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C++ and Visual C++ > Visual C++ 2005
|
Visual C++ 2005 For discussion of Visual C++ 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Visual C++ 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Authorized User

Default console window disappears too quickly

Hi

I purchased Visual C++2005, written by someone that appears to be an experimented teacher/developer.

Surprisingly, even if most exercises in this book are about writing console programs, the author doesn't give a clue on how to prevent console windows from disappearing rapidly.

How on earth can a beginner make his first step in the C++ programming environment without being able to actually see if the program runs well or not?

Anyway, is there a way to configure windows so that cmd.exe windows stays visible even after the program finished running?

Thanks a lot.
Charles

Old April 15th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Authorized User

Sorry... I found the answer. I was running the code using F5 instead of Ctl+F5

Charles

Old November 14th, 2007, 04:41 AM

Send a message via MSN to ramiljoaquin Send a message via Yahoo to ramiljoaquin

This post is really helpful, thanks

Old May 12th, 2008, 03:45 AM
Authorized User

it is quiet easy .you can use that "int a;cin>>a;"at the end of your program.this statement act with no use,it just help you to keep the cmd.exe stay,untill you enter a character.

fight now,date in future.

Old July 11th, 2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Aiming
 it is quiet easy .you can use that "int a;cin>>a;"at the end of your program.this statement act with no use,it just help you to keep the cmd.exe stay,untill you enter a character.

fight now,date in future.
That is not a good practice. I would just use Ctl+F5 or run the program from the command line.

Old December 29th, 2008, 11:24 AM

Default console window disappears too quickly

I bought VS 2008 so I could learn C#. In going through several tutorials I found that the console flashed quickly and disappeared. I tried the command line approach and got the same thing. I used a small program (from C# Corner) that called for inputting the user's name. Both in VS and from the command line the console flashed and disappeared. It did not wait for input. If I run cmd.exe from the command line the console stays up. Does anyone know what's happening here?