Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C++ and Visual C++ > Visual C++ 2005
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
Visual C++ 2005 For discussion of Visual C++ 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Visual C++ 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old January 21st, 2010, 08:35 AM

Default Error : The application failed to start because of incorrect configuaration.

Hello,

After installing the latest windows updates on windows XP ( build 2600, SP2 ), which also installed some visual studio 2005 professional updates onto my machine.
Now when i build an exe on visual studio 2005 and tried to execute that exe onto some other XP machine which do not have visual studio 2005 installed then i received an error message "The application failed to start because of incorrect configuaration.Reinstalling the application may fix the problem".

Installation of visual studio 2005 redistributable onto that machine could not solve the issue.

Using the dependency walker i figure out that "msvcr80.dll and msvcp80.dll" were missing , so i copied those dll's onto that machine, but now the dependency walker is showing some problem in mpr.dll.

Kindly suggest what could be the possible solution

Thanks.

Last edited by davinder.bhamra; January 21st, 2010 at 08:38 AM..