Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Visual Studio 2005 For discussing Visual Studio 2005. Please post code questions about a specific language (C#, VB, ASP.NET, etc) in the correct language forum instead.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Visual Studio 2005 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old July 10th, 2006, 11:49 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default SQL Server Mobile 5 issue in VS.NET

Hi All,
I have a couple of MS SQL 2005 Mobile edition databases that I was using previously.
I am now not able to open them, I have not used them for about 3 weeks and do not recall doing anything 3 weeks ago to cause them to fail (Except maybe SQL Server 2005 install, not CE/Mobile).

There is no option for adding a connection to SQL Mobile 5 DB (or CE2.0 for that matter, which is also installed) when adding "new data connection" in VS.NET Server Explorer.

The databases seem to work fine when on the device, my probelm is accessing the database file .sdf from VS.NET.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SQL Server Mobile 2005 several times with no luck.
I am developing on XP Prof with VS.net 2005 for Pocket PC Phone 2003 and 2005

If I click on the already existing connection I get message "The Provider was not found"

If I click on the file directly from VS.net get a message
"There is no editor available for 'C:\blahb;ah.sdf' Make sure the application for the file type (.sdf) is installed"

I have been using these databases for some time and desperately need them back.

I am able to edit the databases in SQL Management Studio (2005) but I am not able to open the connection in VS.NET so all my strongly typed datasets are no longer editable.

ANY assistance or comment would be appreciated.
Rod

======================================
They say, best men are molded out of faults,
And, for the most, become much more the better
For being a little bad.
For being a little bad."
--Shakespeare