Wrox Programmer Forums
|
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:55 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default ASP.NET Design interface

Hello,

Does anybody know if I can turn off some features in the design editor for ASP.NET? Specifically, sometimes, when you click in a table control a certain way, it actually is resizing the table row height, and the new table row looks like this:

<tr>
  <td style="HEIGHT:14px"></td>
</tr>

I don't want the editor to even do this; is there a way I can turn off resizing in the Designer?

Thanks,

Brian

Old April 3rd, 2004, 05:35 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Euh, um, no. The VS.NET designer has a very very very bad habit in screwing up your code.
I find that it not only reformats these kind of layouts, but also deletes stuff it doesn't like or understand. In other words, the Visual Designer is near to completely useless, and I never use it except for the initial 3 minutes of a page to drag and drop the controls I need.

I use Dreamweaver for my visual layout stuff and VS.NET for all the coding in Code Behind and other files. You can also wait for next version of Visual Studio (Visual Studio .NET 2005, formerly known as Whidbey), as it comes with a Designer that doesn't touch your HTML (it works really well).

Cheers,

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Friend of Wrox

Thanks. Hopefully they fix some other stuff with the designer, like being able to add/edit more HTML tags than it allows you to.

Old April 9th, 2004, 02:50 AM

I am a chinese. My English is Poorly.I found that the table wan't change like that,if only you don't drag the table or the border. Do you understand me? I hope study to you.
E-mail:mych9679@sina.com.

Old April 9th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Friend of Wrox

The editor isn't necessarily that touchy; however, if you get too close to the top or botton of the row when trying to click to enter something within the cell, then sometimes you don't notice it but it will change to a resize and resize your table cells. That's what happens to me frequently.