Wrox Programmer Forums
|
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 17th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Friend of Wrox

Default VBA --> VS.Net

First of all, I hope this is the correct forum for this question...

I'm converting a VBA project in Outlook 2003 using VS.Net 2003. I've run into several roadblocks (aside from sorting out reference issues!):

1. Windows API declaration giving compiler errors (this is code I found a long time ago. I know it works in VBA):

Public Declare Function RegQueryValueEx Lib "advapi32.dll" _
Alias "RegQueryValueExA" (ByVal hKey As Long, _
ByVal lpValueName As String, _
ByVal lpReserved As Long, _
ByVal lpType As Long, _
ByVal lpData As Any, _ ' <-- As Any not supported...
ByVal lpcbData As Long) As Long

In the same module (I can't seem to find an equivalent string creation routine for VB):

strBuf = String(lDataBufSize, " ") ' <-- String is a class type...

2. In a Windows Form code module:
'...
Dim HTML As New mshtml.HTMLDocument
HTML = Me.ctlWB.Document
HTML.images(Text).src '<--
'mshtml.IHTMLElementCollection' cannot be indexed
'because it has no default property.

Hope someone can shed some light on this. Haven't used VS much so I'm very rusty...

3. Is it possible to build a COM Add-In without having to distribute the .Net Framework? For a simple Office COM Add-In (which is essentially one DLL), this seems like overkill.